THS Mission and Beliefs
The mission of Tenafly High School, a diverse community valuing academic excellence, collaboration, responsibility and self-expression, is to build and to sustain a stimulating, safe and nurturing learning environment which challenges students to reach their potential as individuals and as contributing members of an ever-changing global society.
Graduates of Tenafly High School will be:
- Critical Readers
- Effective communicators, writers and listeners
- Able to gather information for learning and research
- Able to apply technology to specific tasks
- Problem solvers
- Able to transfer knowledge and skills to new situations
- Aesthetically appreciative
- Self-managing and self-challenging
- Able to exercise appropriate judgment
- Able to make decisions with an understanding of their consequences and responsibilities
- Able to accept defeat with grace and victory with humility
- Honest and of sound moral character
- Physically fit
- Advocates of a healthy lifestyle
- Able to work within social, organizational and technological systems
- Environmentally aware
- Responsible citizens in their communities.
- Capable leaders and/or group members.
- Respectful of cultural diversity.