Welcome to the Tenafly High School World Language Department
Students at THS choose to study French, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, and/or Spanish. All students are encouraged to reach their highest proficiency in their language of study as they aim to understand global cultures.
According to New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standard for World Languages - All students will be able to use a world language in addition to English to engage in meaningful conversation, to understand and interpret spoken and written language, and to present information, concepts, and ideas, while also gaining an understanding of the perspectives of other cultures. Through language study, they will make connections with other content areas, compare the language and culture studied with their own, and participate in home and global communities.
Elizabeth Giblin, Ed.D.
Supervisor of World Language and ELL
- World Language Student Accomplishments 2023
- Rubicon Atlas - World Language
- Program of Studies - THS
- New Jersey Learning Standards - World Language
- New Jersey State Minimum1 Graduation Requirements by Content Area
- World Language Graduation Requirements for ELLs